Sunday, 10 October 2010

CRAFT SPELLS






















Sick band. Find out more and more and more from their myspace and a taster down below!!

First off, where are you in the world right now and what're you working on?

In my boxers at home (Lathrop, CA) working on the full length while chatting on iChat with DJ assclap.

Could you give a brief Craft Spells history?

I've been recording my own music since I was 15. Started some shitty bands. Played for some shitty bands. I work better on my own so I went back on the solo thing. I recorded two songs in December of 2009 and put them up on myspace a little before the new year. Stuff started poppin' from there.

Who did you grow up listening to?

My father played a lot of new order and depeche mode. I was also into radio hip hop during the 90s. I was really into biggy growing up.

Tell us a bit about your 7'' 'Party Talk'.

It is officially out on captured tracks to purchase.

What's the weirdest thing you've ever written a song about?

holding hands with a girl in a shower stall.

Did you initially, when starting out, find it difficult to get your music out there and heard and secure shows or has it been relatively straight forward?

I actually never sent my music out to anyone. The most I ever did was put it on myspace or share it on facebook with my friends. All the blog coverage came from the wonderful people who took the time to listen through the songs. We have never booked a show ourselves. We have good friends that help us.

What would you say was the perfect environment or situation to listen to your music in?

In a mansion alone.

What's been your favourite show you've played so far?

All the shows when we get to play with our friends.

What's the best thing about being in a band and the worst thing?

The best thing is having your tunes heard by someone far out there in the world. It's fucking great. Worst thing is trying to balance school with it.

Finally, what's next for Craft Spells, future plans and such?

The world

Craft Spells - Party Talk by Ragged Words