Wednesday, 7 September 2011

SUN GLITTERS

















I can confess to not having heard anyone music that Luxembourg has to offer before, but judging from the utterings of Sun Glitters, it's a country I'll be revisiting musically. Victor Ferriera's music can't help but aid existentialism and there's something celestial about it; glitches, echo and dub make for a neat, fresh sound that has no borders or barriers musically, it feels like it reaches far and goes on forever. It's easy to get lost in this music, as it pulls and pushes you with a dreamlike, distant quality, so bring a map. A favourite track of mine is 'Love me', it's so dope but haunting simultaneously and the video is trippy. There's resonance with Four Tet and Star Slinger here, but also How to Dress Well, a label for Sun Glitters is evading me, but that makes it even more endearing. I HIGHLY recommend a dip in this pool of disjointed melodies and cleanly crafted fluctuations.

First off, where are you in the world right now and what're you working on?

I'm living in Luxembourg and working as a graphic designer. I have a great family and trying to make great music! ;)

Could you give a brief sun glitters history?

Sun Glitters Is my new project since March 2011, it’s the chosen name for exploring new territories and expanding on my previous work.

Who did you grow up listening to?

There are so many! The most important one is My Bloody Valentine I think...

Tell us a bit about recent offering 'everything could be fine'.

I composed so many tracks since I started making music! This release is very special to me, it represents the transition between my old project and Sun Glitters!

What's the weirdest thing you've ever written a song about?

WOW... This is a very hard question! ;)
Every track has it’s own strange element. In nearly all my tracks, there are mistakes, though after listening to them further, they’ve evolved into something great!
It’s hard to answer this question properly as my music is about the everyday.

Are there any specific themes or sources of inspiration you find yourself revisiting often when making music?

Yes, my everyday life!

What would you say was the perfect environment or situation to listen to your music in?

I like listening to music when I'm driving, but for me, there isn’t a perfect environment or situation to listen to music! Any situation can be ideal, it depends on how you are feeling at any given moment and how you interpret the music at that particular time. An example of this can be heard when listening to 2 of my recent tracks; "things are" and "the wind caresses her hair", each have a more melancholic or morose sound, but this wasn’t my intentions when making them!

Where would you love to tour?

Everywhere where people would love to see me performing my tracks live! ;)

Finally, what's next for the sun glitters, future plans and such?

Playing live, meeting great people, doing great collaborations and continuing to work on my next release...



Watch out for Sun Glitters remixes too and you can listen and download Sun Glitters sounds and learn more up above.