Wednesday, 28 December 2011

ALEX HORNE

















I've been sitting on this for a couple of months..I thought about making a joke about sitting on a horn but that's wrong and I see that now, I'm sorry, I hope you can forgive me. Alex Horne is a graduate of the infamous Footlights comedy group (who cares about Cambridge University itself) and is enjoying a successful comedy career, with a showering of awards and nominations. He's doing this with a great beard aswell, which really adds that extra pizazz (look at it up there, I bet you're stroking the screen).

What advice would you give your 21 year old self?

Beware of the millennium bug - that thing is seriously dangerous. Also, put loads of money on the Green Party coming to power and Liverpool winning the league every year from now on. And eat lots of Big Macs - turns out they're actually really good for you (I don't really like my 21 year old self).

If you were a superhero, what power would you like to have?

I think I'd be called Action Man, and I'd know all the actions to any song that has actions, and I'd be a fairly disappointing superhero.

If you could go back to any period of time in history, which would it be and how would you stir shit up?

Wow. Can your really do that for me? I'd go back to Elizabethan times and I'd bring my little renault clio with me (and some extra petrol - I'm not an idiot!) and I'd just drive round loads with the stereo on really loud - a bit like youths do today, but even cooler. I'd also show them my digital calculator watch just to really impress them.

You're a celebrity in your own right, but if you could be another for a day, who would you be?

Well, I don't think I am but I'll answer any way - I'd like to be Beyonce please. Mainly because I really like Beyonce but I quite often get teased for liking Beyonce but if I was actually Beyonce I'd be well within my rights to like Beyonce.

Is there a musician or band that has consistently featured throughout your life as a source of inspiration and sensory delight?

Apart from Beyonce (I named one of my chickens Beyonce after Beyonce), I'll pick Oompah Brass. They play pop songs with brass instruments. I have all their albums and they're the only thing (apart from Beyonce) that I listen to. Imagine, pop songs - but on brass instruments! Incredible.

What's been your career highlight?

Easily - winning three episodes of Countdown. It was beyond my wildest dreams (and I mean 'wildest').

What's your favourite breakfast?

Truckers' cafe, full english, the works, all cooked together on one of those flat metal hot plates. Ideally £1.99 for the lot. With Oompah Brass in the background. And Beyonce sat on the plastic chair behind me.

What's your best interesting fact?

Chickens can count.

Who is the funniest person you've ever worked with?

It pains me to say it, but Tim Key. He's a funny old chap. Also, he's quite curvaceous.

Find out more about Alex from his WEBSITE and TWITTER