Wednesday, 18 April 2012

YOUNG WONDER






















I'm really excited about Young Wonder; the Cork duo, seem to have exploded onto the blogosphere and are climbing up the Hype Machine chart faster than you can say 'BLOGOSPHERE ISN'T A WORD'. Their debut e.p was released 14/4/12 and I thought it was appropriate to find out who was making such tasty tunes. They're gonna be BIG.

First off, where are you in the world right now and what're you working on?
Right now I am sitting in my college apartment with my hot water bottle working on lyrics to the next young wonder track!

Could you give a brief Young Wonder history?
We've been creating music for just a few months now. Brendan of Feel Good Lost decided it was a good idea to introduce me and Ian to eachother, and magic happened! Not in that way.... haha.

Who did you grow up listening to?
Personally I grew up listening to ABBA and 90's pop.

Tell us a bit about the most recent song you've worked on.
Not so long I wrote a song called 'to you' which is really very emotional and really gets to me when i sing it. Love it though!

What's the strangest subject you've ever written a song about?
Probably flesh, just listen to the lyrics and make up your own mind!

What would you say was the perfect environment or situation to listen
to your music in?

A really sunny day when you're getting ready to go out!

What other artists are you into at the moment?
I'm crazy about sbtrkt, cults, james blake, purity ring and youth lagoon.

Where would you love to tour?
The states!

Finally, what's next for you, future plans and such?
To play our first show in cork on may 10th and hopefully play loads of
shows during the summer!


FACEBOOK
TWITTER